People interest: 0
Buddhist monks, lamas and other people who followed Buddhist religion have constructed hundreds of Buddha temples and monasteries throughout India and these shrines attract millions of pilgrims and tourists from throughout the world. Tourists and others who visit North India also tour Darjeeling which is one of the best tourist spots in the world. Ghoom monastery is also popularly called as Yoga Choeling and it belongs to Gelukpa or Yellow Hat sect. Visitors can watch a 15 ft tall Maitreya Buddha statue. There are also varieties of idols and sacred bells which will lift-up the positive mood immediately. Lama Domo Geshe Rinpoche who succeeded Sherab Gyatso successfully commissioned this temple during 1909. Walking through the gateway, lighting lamps inside the temple and praying in front of the tallest Buddha will be a scintillating experience. This wonderful Buddha temple which is situated in Darjeeling is very popular in the state and several pilgrims from the West Bengal also visit this temple during festival seasons. Tenzin legs had Wangdi who was thought to be the reincarnation of Dhardo Rinpoche is taking care of this temple. This temple is facing financial and manpower deficit and expects huge contributions from the public. Pilgrims and others who are planning to visit this temple during vacation can contribute their mite.
• All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
• Hotel pickup and drop-off included from the city hotels
• Informative, friendly and professional guide
• Great overview and orientation of the visit
• Guide services for a more personalized experience
Airconditioned transport with driver
• 01 to 03 persons - Sedan cars - Indian make cars like Toyota Etios or Maruti Swift Desire
• 03 to 05 persons - SUV cars - Toyota Innova or similar
• 06 to 10 persons - Tempo Traveller with 10 seats
• 11 to 18 persons - Mini coaches with 18 seater
• 19 to 42 persons - Coaches with 27 or 42 seater
All the vehicles are air-conditioned
Pickup and Departure:
Pick up from mentioned city Centre, Railway Station or your city hotel.
Drop at mentioned city Centre, Railway Station or your city hotel.
• Tour Duration: Half-day 4-5 Hours
• Guide: English speaking guide included
• Assistance: Yes
• Entrance fees included: Yes
• Vehicle: Air-conditioned
• Driver with a phone: Yes
• Tour Starts Time: 0900 hrs.
• Confirmation will be sent within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
• Child below 5 years is free.
• No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites except for places of worship, shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended.
• We recommend comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen during the visit.
• Entrance fees to the monuments are not included and are to be paid directly. Any camera or video camera fees, if any, are to be paid directly
09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Things To Carry:
• Comfortable footwear
ghumney will not be liable for any dispute arising out of the rental between customer and vendor, guide or any service provider
The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking Rate is based on a minimum 2 person sharing. We reserve the right to cancel in case the minimum no. of customers required for the visit on any date is not met.
• If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the visit, 25% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
• If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the visit, 50% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
• If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the visit, 100% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
•The applicable refund amount will be processed within 15 business days
You are required to furnish the correct Email address. As a customer, you agree to accept email as a means of communication and delivery of Travel vouchers and confirmation of your booking. In doing so, you agree not to hold www.ghumney.com liable for any non-receipt of travel voucher or email confirmation.
As an additional measure to avoid any misuse of the credit card and to protect our customers, we may request for photocopies of your credit card (back and front) and a Credit Card Authorization Payment Form to exclude the possibility of any misuse. As a customer, you agree to cooperate and provide the necessary documents in case required.